Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Poppies X Watercolor

So, I've been participating in the Watercolor for Cardmakers class with Online Card Classes.  I have done quite a few cards with some different types of techniques, but I decided to do a couple with the Penny Black Poppies that I have been working with.  This is one of them.


The white panel is stamped with the poppies image in Memento Black, which doesn't run with water.
Next, I masked the poppies and leaves by "painting" them with rubber cement.  I didn't have any masking fluid and rubber cement was available.

Next comes the watercolor.  I used my regular tube watercolors.  You could use Crayola pan watercolors if you like...or reinkers diluted with water...or distress inks...whatever.  I took ultramarine blue and neutralized it with a touch of orange, and brushed 4 swipes with a wide watercolor brush.  I let it dry and rubbed off the rubber cement.  The flowers were painted with yellow and red...just very rough brush strokes...and the leaves with a green blend that was on my palette.  You can't be too persnickety with this technique!

Supplies:
Cardstock in white and yellow
Memento ink
Watercolors
Ribbon by May Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment