Wednesday, May 7, 2014

All the best to you...

I'm here on this fine cloudy cool Wednesday morning with another project for you to try.  I'm continuing to use the same Penny Black stamp and stencil for my projects this month.

This card was done with only the stencil.  I started by attaching my stencil to the sheet of aqua paper with a bit of washi tape.  I used that because it comes off of the paper without damaging it!  Then I used a versamark pad to ink the paper in the openings of the stencil.  You have to do quite a bit of tap-tap-tapping to get an even coverage.  Then, because the stem lines are pretty fine, I used a versamark pen to make sure that I got the stems and the tips of the leaves.  After taking the stencil off the paper I embossed with white embossing powder.

The variations in shading behind the flowers was created by sponging matching ink onto the paper.  A sentiment, some pearls, a white mat and attaching to a card of the same color as the top layer completes this simple, pretty card.  I used a hexagonal punch to create the points on the sentiment layer, which is attached with dimensionals.

Supplies:
cardstock in aqua and white
inks: versamark and black
pearls by Zva Creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment