Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A different way to do flowers

Here's a different technique for using the Penny Black poppies...

For this card, I stamped the poppies (I omitted the tall poppy on the left side of the stamp) with versamark and embossed black.  Now the paper I used is the reverse side of the green script from a couple of weeks ago.  Then I used prismacolor pencils to color the poppies.  I wanted to maintain the translucency and see the writing thru the color.

The stamped panel is mounted on ivory then on an avocado green card base.  Twine in avocado green makes the bow and there's a sprinkling of greenish-tannish pearls across the front.

Supplies
Cardstock in Avocado green and ivory
Designer paper is Avignon by 7gypsies
Twine by May Arts
Pearls by Zva Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment