Friday, May 9, 2014

Bold Poppies

It's Friday again...and I had an unschedules just "lovely" trip to the dentist this morning.  Ah, well.  Sometimes those things happen. 

This is a simple card (have you figured out yet that I like simple?!).  The designer paper is mounted on the front of the card base, and the poppies are mounted directly on the designer paper.  The greeting is glued on the side edges and popped up in the middle.

So...how did I do the poppies?  They actually are ones I made first for last week's card and I goofed them up.  There are ways to use your mistakes though.  In this case, I cut out two sections of the stamped, embossed and colored poppies and rearranged them to put on the front.  They are on vellum and I cut the vellum very close to the embossing.  Betcha can't tell it!

Supplies
White cardstock
Vellum
Designer paper from the Color Me Happy line by Glitz
Pearls from Zva Creative
Water-based markers
Greeting stamp is from Stampin' Up

No comments:

Post a Comment