Monday, October 7, 2013

Is it Christmas Time Already?

Isn't it a lovely fall morning?  At least it is here in sunny Colorado!  I just love fall!

But plans are under way for Christmas already, and I have a Christmas card to share with you today. 

Maybe I should introduce myself first...my name is Diane, but you probably know me as fionna51 on Splitcoaststampers.  Terri asked if I would like to do a guest designer spot for this month and of course I couldn't refuse!  I'll be here each Monday in October.

I'm showcasing the Impressions Obsessions die Merry Tree.  It's a lovely die, and it makes a gorgeous card.  Terri carries it in the store.

 
I began with a layout that I particularly like for my clean and simple style of stamping.  Did you notice that I didn't stamp on this card?  Shock!  The die cut is the focus, and there's plenty of "white space".  But I stepped it up a bit and used designer paper for a background instead of solid, and added a ribbon to help draw the eye to the words.  After punching out the star, I coated it with versamark and carefully embossed it (held the star with tweezers while heating).  The white panel is popped up off the card base with dimensionals.  And of course, there's bling!
 
Supplies (all available at A Scrap N Place in Loveland):
Paper: White, artichoke green, Basic Gray Jovial Crushed Velvet, a scrap of yellow
Tools: Impression Obsession Merry Tree die, star punch
Ribbon: May Arts
Accessories: Rhinestones, dimensionals, iridescent embossing powder.
 
Enjoy!
 

1 comment: