Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Clean and Simple AND Bling...

Can you do both?  Of course!  It's not mutually exclusive.  In fact, many of my favorite Clean and Simple designers use bling on their cards.
Here's my card for this week:

 
As you can see, the design is simple.  There is a single image focus, there is "white space" (it doesn't have to be white, just open, unfilled space).
 
This time I used the die to create a white tree on green. This time I also ran the green cardstock thru my BigShot with the die and embossing mats.  I wanted to try embossing it to mark the place for the tree. The rhinestones set off the tree like ornaments.  The star is embossed with iridescent embossing powder, making it quite shimmery.
 
Supplies:
Cardstock: Ivory, Green
Designer Paper: Making Memories Twinkle
Die: Impression Obsession Merry Tree
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Star Punch, Iridescent Embossing powder.
 
PS...I was supposed to post yesterday.  I apologize.  I had to go out of town to take care of my mom, who has alzheimers, while my dad was unable to be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment