Friday, April 18, 2014

Springtime is here!

I do like spring!  I like being outside.  I wish I had a garden.  I just don't like bugs.  They make a mess of my car when I drive.  They want to be in the house...maybe they just want a warm night.  And I really don't like caterpillars...but I love butterflies!  They're so pretty!

This one is an orangey-red...like oriental poppies.  I used the complementary color of a greenish-blue to sponge the front panel.  The swirl die is in an avocado green textured cardstock.

Now, I was trying to give the impression of white fuzzy flowers on that flourish.  Don't know if I accomplished my goal. ;)

By the way, the card base here is narrow.  I think I cut it 4 inches wide instead of 4-1/4 and the greeting is wider, with the ends even with the edge of the card so the middle pops up. 

 
Supplies:
 
Butterfly Die from Impression Obsession
Flourish Die from Die-Namics
White, Red, Black, Avocado cardstocks

Inks from Stampin' Up
Pearls from Zva Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment