Friday, May 2, 2014

"Find me next a poppy posy..."

That's a quote from Thomas Moore, for those of you literary types.  ;)

Terri asked me to work with a lovely Penny Black stamp and stencil this month, so here's the first of my creations using the materials I chose to work with...and with the lovely stamp.  I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one!  I have several cards planned...and they're all everyday type cards. 


Instructions:  Stamp the poppy stamp on vellum with versamark ink and emboss in black.  Color the back side of the vellum with markers.  I used water-based markers and heat-dried them so that they wouldn't smear.  Mount the vellum on the designer paper and the designer paper on a black mat.  Add ribbon and bow (I used the Bow-Easy to make the bow).  The greeting is done in black embossing as well and attached with twine.

Hint:  Do you need black twine and you only have natural?  Use a permanent marker, like your Copics or a Sharpie, and color it!  Easy-Peasy!

Hint the second: Is your tag punch a bit too short for your sentiment?  Cut a strip of paper exactly the width of your punch...for my punch it was just under 5/8 inch wide.  Then take a look at the pictures on this blog post to see how to punch the two ends separately.

Supplies:
Vanilla and black cardstock
Vellum
Designer paper is Avignon by 7gypsies
Stamp is by Penny Black
Ribbon by May Arts
Tag punch is by Martha Stewart
Sentiment is by Stampin' Up


No comments:

Post a Comment